New Zealand Strike Indicator Replacement Wool
- Wool Yarn Floats High
- Wool Yarn Lands Gently
- Wool Yarn Casts Like A Dry Fly
- Wool Yarn Shows Strikes - Most Sensitive!
- Available In Mixed, Stealthy White, Black, Super Bright Florescent Green and Very Hi-Vis Orange
- Trim to Desired Length
Ultimate 100% Pure Wool Indicator Material
Our specially sourced and dyed natural wool works extremely well in a variety of conditions. Having researched dozens of wool types and synthetics, this particular wool has been specially selected because of it's wiry, water-shedding properties that allow a perfect float cast after cast. Our ultimate wool material provides a “no-spook” landing and presentation. It fills the indicator sleeve perfectly and can be trimmed to the size you want.
To the attentive fisherman – it provides the ultimate solution for a perfect presentation to difficult fish. Even the most “educated” trout will not spook with this indicator material - especially when the indicator is trimmed to suit the conditions. On spring creeks, tail waters and flat water when casting to working fish we sometimes trim the indicator down to a size 16 dry fly (sometimes even smaller!) - talk about a stealthy presentation! With the sensitivity these wool indicators provide, you will see strikes more quickly and more often.
This wool has natural lanolin, however, go ahead and add a dab of floatant on it at the beginning of the day. The indicator will float all day and casts beautifully – with almost no wind resistance!
- Pleasure to Cast Light and Natural - Casts like a dry fly
- Floats High - Easy to see - Floats like a cork with a bit of fly floatant
- Lands Gently - Doesn't spook fish
- Very Sensitive to Strikes - Many takes are currently undetectable with hard plastic type indicators
- "Regular Sized Tubing" - Use one strand and Wool Indicator with "Regular Size Tubing" will float a size 14 bead head nymph
- "X-Large Sized Tubing" - Use two strands and Wool Indicator with "X-Large Size Tubing" will float two size 12 tungsten bead head nymphs
- Bristly Holds its shape - sheep bred to produce wool with these properties
- Stealthy White - Fish don't notice this color
- Hi-Vis Orange - Easy to see in turbulent water
- Black - For those days when there's glare and the water surface turns silver/gray - amazing how well Black works in these conditions
- Bright Florescent Green - Very Bright - Easily seen in rough waters - also good to mix with other colors to make high visibility multicolored indicators
- Mixed Colors - Has all colors - White, Black, Green and Orange
100% Natural New Zealand Wool - Our wool is from New Zealand and is a 100% natural fiber that has the perfect properties for a strike indicator - We have over 100 million sheep here so - "Use all you want, We will grow more!"