Capilene® Air is the most advanced baselayer we’ve ever made. It has the greatest range of warmth and comfort of any of our baselayers, insulates even when wet, dries quickly and resists odors for day after day of use. Made from an airy blend of 51% merino wool from New Zealand and 49% Capilene recycled polyester, Capilene Air feels light and soft on the skin and stretches naturally to move with the body. We create the soft 18.5-micron-gauge-yarns used in Capilene Air with an innovative airblasting technology that dramatically increases the yarn’s loft while reducing weight compared to traditional wool yarn. Our seamless 3-D construction eliminates chafe points throughout the entire garment and nearly eliminates wasted material. Soft, stretchy elastic knit in the cuffs and hem keep the garment positioned where you want it and add skin-pampering comfort for extended use. The hoody design has a high collar and seamless hood with anatomical shaping for additional warmth and a gender specific box-stitch texture to trap warmth and allow airflow.
- Fine merino wool from New Zealand blended with Capilene® recycled polyester for enhanced warmth balanced with improved wicking, durability and dry time
- 18.5-micron-gauge yarn; lofted-wool innovation
- Fabric stretches and is soft against skin
- Seamless 3-D construction eliminates chafe points through the entire garment and has almost no wasted material
- High collar and seamless hood with anatomical shaping for warmth
- Soft, stretchy elastic knit in cuffs and hem for added recovery and comfort over extended use
- 196 g (6.9 oz)